650 Saddle River Road, Airmont, NY 10952
845-352-7220 | Fax 845-352-9733
Catholic cemeteries are holy places of prayer and remembrance. To preserve their sacred character admission to the grounds and buildings is granted to those who conduct themselves in accordance with their Rules and Regulations and act in concert with Catholic belief, tradition and decorum.
Ascension Cemetery is open for visitation every day at 9:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Inclement weather, however, may restrict access to the cemeteries. If doubt exists, those wishing access to the properties for visitation purposes may always contact the cemetery office 845-352-7220.
Standard office hours at Ascension Cemetery
Monday thru Friday: 9:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m.
The cemetery office is closed on Sundays and major holidays as observed by Catholic religious practice and state and/or federal governments; in addition, no committal services take place on these days. If doubt exists, those wishing to conduct business at Ascension Cemetery may always make initial contact with that office by telephone.
Ascension Cemetery is situated in a combined suburban and semi-rural area of the historic village of Airmont in Rockland County, New York, just north of the New Jersey border. Ascension Cemetery is 200 acres of which 35 have been developed into 5 sections for ground burial and one major mausoleum complex. The cemetery property is just north of the New Jersey/New York State border along Saddle River Road.
2020 Holy and Holiday Schedule for office closings and no burial services is as follows:
- Solemnity of Mary – Wednesday, January 1
- Martin Luther King – Monday, January 20
- Presidents’ Day– Monday, February 17
- St. Patrick’s Day – Tuesday, March 17
- Memorial Day – Monday, May 25
- Independence Day – Saturday, July 4
- Labor Day – Monday, September 7
- Columbus Day – Monday, October 12
- Election Day – Tuesday, November 3
- Thanksgiving Day – Thursday, November 26
- Christmas Day – Friday, December 25