Cemetery & Office Hours
Catholic cemeteries are holy places of prayer and remembrance. To preserve their sacred character admission to the grounds and buildings is granted to those who conduct themselves in accordance with their Rules and Regulations and act in concert with Catholic belief, tradition and decorum.
Ascension Cemetery is open for visitation every day at 9:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Inclement weather, however, may restrict access to the cemeteries. If doubt exists, those wishing access to the properties for visitation purposes may always contact the cemetery office (845) 352-7220.
Standard office hours at Ascension Cemetery are:
Monday thru Friday: 9:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m.
The cemetery office is closed on Sundays and major holidays as observed by Catholic religious practice and state and/or federal governments; in addition, no committal services take place on these days. If doubt exists, those wishing to conduct business at Ascension Cemetery may always make initial contact with that office by telephone.
The 2016 Holy and Holiday Schedule for office closings and no burial services is as follows:
Holy/Holiday Day Observed/Date Observed
- Solemnity of Mary — Friday, January 1
- Martin Luther King — Monday, January 18
- Presidents Day — Monday, February 15
- St. Patrick’s Day — Thursday, March 17
- Memorial Day — Monday, May 30
- Independence Day — Monday, July 4
- Labor Day — Monday, September 5
- Columbus Day — Monday, October 10
- Election Day — Tuesday, November 8
- Thanksgiving Day — Thursday, November 24
- Christmas Day — Sunday, December 25
- Day after Christmas — Monday, December 26